Friday, June 13, 2014

Charles' 40th Wedding Anniversary Toast to Parents Ann and Steve, January 2011

In my first few years  
i discovered  their ilk
these two it was clear,
could obtain my milk
it wasn't much longer 
and i began to see
these two were much cooler
when it came to my needs
they had connections in 
trains, braughts, oats and  legos
I must be in heaven
more juice, bacon n eggos
one day in the 90s
came a strange revelation
turned out i was the one
with all the answers in my summation
while I began executing 
on my new theory
all the cars were wrecked 
in high speed and fury
some would say 
I nearly broke my neck
but at the time
I said what the heck
money evaporated 
on numerous projects
lancers, stereos, and cameros,  
fueled by testosterone logics
as my young years passed 
I re-checked my theories
and as facts will do 
some things came quite clearly
my first hunch as a child
it was correct
and from then on my parents 
i did re-elect
while watching my parents 
through thick and thin
they never lost patience 
with their young kin
I have absorbed so much 
on living and loving
and now with my own two
am applying that learning
I hope I can be 
that same great example
and not loose my marbles
when my two they do trample
so raise up your glasses 
and toast this great union
to a happy 40th anniversary and many more

1 comment:

  1. The Magic The Gathering Deck - JTG Hub
    This deck is all about 광주 출장마사지 a player who decides how many tricks 익산 출장샵 they can get, 제주도 출장샵 including tricks, 강릉 출장샵 with the cards being discarded. 화성 출장안마 You'll then choose a

    ReplyDelete